Data 'hacks' and data privacy breaches of well-known companies dominated the headlines in 2018. And Singapore companies in the retail trade were not spared - cases on the Personal Data Protection Commission (PDPC) website range from not having a Data Protection Officer (DPO) to employee carelessness and third party (outsource provider) mishandling of data.
With support from Enterprise Singapore, the Singapore Retailers Association and the Textile and Fashion Federation are pleased to invite you to an afternoon session to hear data protection industry specialists discuss
- Latest cases, developments (such as managing NRICs) and requirements in data protection in the region
- Data Protection Trustmark (DPTM) and why the DPTM gives you a competitive edge
- Demonstrating accountability and compliance credibly
- Implication of PDPC's Active Enforcement Framework
- How organisations in Singapore can demonstrate accountability with data protection requirements